Plank Junior High School is urgently in need of a teacher assistant who is fluent in both english and spanish languages.
- Valid Illinois Educator License with Stipulations – Paraprofessional or Professional Educator License or Substitute Teacher License
- Appropriate verbal and written language skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job
- Ability to use basic job-related equipment
- Experience working with children preferred
- Ability to work well with students and staff
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to communicate in Spanish
Under the direction of a licensed teacher and/or administrator, the Teacher Assistant is responsible for monitoring and/or presenting and reinforcing skills with small groups of students or one-on-one, maintaining and updating student records and monitoring and recording students’ academic and behavioral progress. May also plan and present lessons, prepare instructional materials, monitor students in various non-classroom settings and/or assist in the administration of tests. Individuals in this position may be assigned to one or more classrooms. May assist with translation and/or communication using second language skills when possible.
- Facilitates and/or monitors small group and one-on-one instruction of students in order to present, guide and/or reinforce skills, concepts and strategies. Employs a variety of instructional and motivational techniques to encourage student learning and achievement.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of work with students and other staff.
- Maintains and updates records of student progress, attendance, test scores and/or personal information as requested.
- Prepares instructional materials for use in class or “pull-out” small groups.
- Prepares supplies, materials and equipment for lessons.
- Participates in all meetings, and professional development activities as assigned by the building or district administrator.
- May substitute for fellow workers as needed on a temporary basis. This may include supporting special education and specialized handling and care of students (toileting, diapering and feeding).
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classrooms, restrooms, playgrounds, hallways, assemblies, field trips) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Performs before- and after-school and/or lunch and recess supervision as assigned.
- Supports and implements District policies and procedures, regulations, and administrative directives.
- Adheres to the ethical standards and codes of the profession and to the established rules, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as may be directed by the building or district administrator.
Plank Junior High School
- Date Available:
2019-2020 School Year
COMPENSATION: $14.29/hour – $14.71/hour (depending on experience) plus benefits. Please note that the hourly rate of pay is inclusive of the mandatory 4.5% retirement contribution to the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
UNION MEMBERSHIP: This position is represented by the Oswego Support Professionals Association (OESPA).