DEADLY SHOOTING: Gunman Opens Fire at Gilroy, CA Garlic Festival
CALIFORNIA — The shooting Sunday at the annual Garlic Festival in Gilroy has left at least three people dead and several more injured.
Police responded to the festival grounds around 5:30PM. Around 11 people were reportedly shot.
— Robert Villarreal (@cycloneoid) July 29, 2019
The Garlic Festival is in its third and final day at Christmas Hill Park in Gilroy.
Multiple agencies are responding, including the ATF and FBI.
— Stephen Ellison (@sj_ellison) July 29, 2019
Local police called the scene ‘still active’and the gunman was believed to be at large.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Drew Grant, 33, died after is car was hit in a head-on collision Saturday night
- Authorities said Grant had changed his name from Andrew Golden
- Golden and his friend were convicted of fatally shooting five people in 1998
- The shooting took place at their Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Golden was 11 years old and is friend was 13 at the time of the shooting
- They were sentenced as juveniles and held in custody until they were 21
- The driver of the other car, Daniel Petty, 59, also died in the collision
- Three others were also injured in the crash – two adults and a child