Nigeria’s top 10 exports are highly concentrated accounting for 98.9% of the overall value of the country’s global shipments.
Nigeria Top 10 Exports in 2019
The following product are
- Mineral fuels including oil: US$49.8 billion (94.1% of total exports)
- Ships, boats: $1.3 billion (2.4%)
- Cocoa: $317.5 million (0.6%)
- Oil seeds: $274.6 million (0.5%)
- Fruits, nuts: $189.3 million (0.4%)
- Fertilizers: $169.2 million (0.3%)
- Tobacco, manufactured substitutes: $97.2 million (0.2%)
- Raw hides, skins not furskins, leather: $93.4 million (0.2%)
- Aluminum: $74.2 million (0.1%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $71.4 million (0.1%)
The most in-demand goods shipped from Nigeria
|Rank||Nigeria’s Export Product||2018 Value (US$)||Change|
|1||Crude oil||$43.6 billion||+32.1%|
|2||Petroleum gases||$5.9 billion||+3.6%|
|3||Tugboats, pusher craft||$1 billion||no 2017 data|
|4||Cocoa beans||$256.1 million||+43.3%|
|5||Oil seeds||$247.7 million||+98.6%|
|6||Breaker vessels||$219.9 million||+64.3%|
|7||Coconuts, Brazil nuts, cashews||$186.3 million||+144.8%|
|8||Nitrogenous fertilizers||$169.2 million||+12.9%|
|9||Processed petroleum oils||$156.6 million||-6.2%|
|10||Electrical energy||$112 million||+8.2%|
To ship out goods from Nigeria to USA
The following steps must be adhered to make it easy for you
- Register with NEPC as an exporter
- Plan your export
- Get a buyer abroad
- Source for your product locally
- Get your GIT (Goods In Transit) Insurance & transport of good to Lagos seaport
- Do your pre export documentation
- Invite SGS or Cobalt to inspect the goods at the warehouse
- Booking of truck & container from shipping line
- Loading and sealing of container
- Transport of container to the seaport
- Inspection of the container by Custom and other relevant agency
- Post export documentation
- Exporter forwards the document to his bank
- Exporter’s bank forward the documents to the Importer’s bank
- Importer’s banks transfer fund to Exporter’s bank
- Exporter’s bank effect payment by crediting the exporter
OUR EXPORT SERVICES INCLUDE
- We give you free guaranteed quotes
- Want to consolidate with multiple shippers? We can! It saves you thousands on your shipping cost.
- We offer both air and ocean shipping services.
- Transit Time:
- 4 to 7 business days via our standard shipping.
- Express shipping – 3 business days.
- Clearing at the US Port – This typically takes 2 business days to be completed.
- Full Container –
- Less than Container –
- Transit Time – 6 to 7 weeks.
As one of the best companies that export in Nigeria, we have the expertise and capacity to ensure your documents needed for clearing are complete and original; this helps us to offer you stress free shipping from Nigeria to USA. Call us now on 0700 800 9000 to get your documentation professionally handled.
DOCUMENT REQUIRED OF EXPORTER/EXPORTING COUNTRY
- Packing list
- Quality certificate from regulatory bodies in Nigeria.
- Transport document
- Insurance certificate
- Certificate of origin
- Any other legally required document
DOCUMENT REQUIRED FROM BANK WHEN PRESENTING DOCUMENTS
- Covering letter
- Original Letter of Credit