The consistently great weather and the advantage to study in a beautiful vacation country within the Mediterranean Sea with scenic sand beaches and crystal clear water are some of what makes Cyprus very suitable for international students. You will easily manage to get along in the very European-like Cyprus, because it is well adapted for tourists, so that the basic conditions for beginning a study are optimal. Not least because you can get along with English very easily, even in the non-university sphere, so that communication is not a problem, until you master the local language.
Cyprus is increasingly popular among international students thanks to its well-respected education system, reasonable tuition fees and year-round sunshine
The cost of study is low in comparison to other fashionable European study destinations and crime is almost non-existent. You’ll also have the chance to pick up a second language, either Greek or Turkish depending on where you study. However, English is widely spoken.
Why Study Abroad in Cyprus?
- Studying in Cyprus, you will receive a high quality international education with an affordable tuition fee and moderate living expenses.
- You will make friends from all over the world at whichever of the Cyprian universities you choose to attend.
- As Cyprus is located at the crossroad of Africa, Asia and Europe it has experienced many different cultures through time. Be prepared for a diverse explosion of culture as you enter this beautiful Mediterranean island.
- The universities in Cyprus offer quality higher education, and the country has been taking measures to increase research, funding and interest in higher education. The country provides internationally recognized degrees.
- Students do not need to show any English proficiency score for tests like TOEFL and IELTS.
- The visa process is also straightforward.
- Cyprus provides an excellent facilities for students that include cultural, social and sports activities.
- There are a variety of clubs in Cyprus like technology clubs, science club, sports club, photography club, etc. that help student to explore their hobbies.
The higher education sector houses a mix of public and private institutions as well as a number of private tertiary-level colleges.
Universities offer both undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral programmes similar to those in the UK.
There are three public universities:
- Cyprus University of Technology (CUT)
- Open University of Cyprus (OUC)
- University of Cyprus (UCY).
Five institutions make up the private higher education sector:
- European University Cyprus (EUC)
- Frederick University
- Neapolis University Paphos (NUP)
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) Cyprus
- University of Nicosia.
- Universities found in northern Cyprus operate under the separate law of the Turkish
- Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Degree Courses in Cyprus
Bachelors courses are taught at both public and private institutions, and typically take four years to complete. Available programmes cover a range of subjects including humanities, science, engineering and technology, business, mathematics, medicine, law and social science.
To be admitted onto an undergraduate course, you’ll need a school leavers certificate and to sit a centrally-administered admissions exam. You’ll learn through a series of lectures, seminars, and group and project work.
Bachelor’s degrees are available in English, but if this isn’t your native language you will need to prove your proficiency.